BOORTMALT is the world leader malting company with 3 million tonnes production capacity.
The group is present on 5 continents with 27 malting plants. Boortmalt's expertise is widely acknowledged by brewers and distillers who rely on the supply of top quality barley malt.
The Boortmalt Group is a fully owned subsidiary of the agricultural and agribusiness cooperative Axereal. Our relationship with Axereal, Europe's largest grain cooperative, ensures us access to high quality barley year round.
As a Production Manager you will lead the team to produce and deliver malt according to customer specifications, within budget and in conformance with all relevant policies and procedures. You supervise all elevator and malt house operations at the plant, ensuring all employees are properly trained in Boortmalt policies and procedures as well as all production process procedures and employee safety.
- You manage and supervise daily recipe adjustment, blending, and storage and preparation of both barley and malt and elevator operations.
- You make sure the malt production meets the budget in terms of quantity, yield, energy consumption, overall cost, customer requirements and legal requirements.
- You guarantee a minimum stock of malt in specifications for each customer or customer group (Bucket).
- You manage and motivate your team by assessing training and development needs for all reports and execute the established training plan, follow up on engagement improvement plans and performance reviews.
- You are a Food Safety & SHE champion: you support and role model (food) safety programs and practices throughout operations in partnership with site coordinator and plant manager. You are the plant's Food safety Coordinator (HACCP) specifically. Review and measure performance ensuring successes and deviations are acknowledged and addressed
- You are an active participant in the plants continuous improvement plan (energy consumption, yield, volume, cost, engagement, …). Integrated in the weekend service in Swalmen to do production tour. Any other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate:
- You have a bachelor or master degree in a relevant field, or equivalent related field
- You have minimum 3 years of relevant experience in a operations department
- Knowledge and experience in malting and brewing is a plus.
- You speak and write Dutch and English fluently
Trésor des Masters of Malt
We offer an attractive salary and benefits package and as part of a global organization can offer career opportunities internationally. As Masters of Malt we want to be a great employer, focusing on flexibility, inclusion, collaboration and health and wellbeing. We live our values, putting people at the heart of what we do.
“Strive” - our ambition is to be the best maltster that's why every day we commit to challenge ourselves to achieve the highest level.
“Care” - our strength is magnificent when we care for our earth, our colleagues and our business partners. We encourage trust, respect and treat each other with respect. We believe that Diversity makes us stronger.
“Inspire” - We adopt a long-term orientation delivering sustainable performance through innovation and digitization, becoming praised Masters of Malt.
“Explore” – thinking out of the box and embracing pioneer ideas to become a source of motivation, we like challenging the status quo to develop full potential.