Technical Management Trainee
Contrat à durée indéterminée
BOORTMALT is the world leader malting company with 3 million tonnes production capacity. The group is present on 5 continents with 27 malting plants. Boortmalt's expertise is widely acknowledged by brewers and distillers who rely on the supply of top quality barley malt.The Boortmalt Group is a fully owned subsidiary of the agricultural and agribusiness cooperative Axereal. Our relationship with Axereal, Europe's largest grain cooperative, ensures us access to high quality barley year round.
We are seeking an experienced technical leader to join our dynamic and fast paced business in Australia. As a member of the regional leadership team, you will provide expertise and input into Barley origination, the malt manufacturing process, sales and customer relationship management. You will also provide leadership and coaching to a team of office and plant based quality, technical and laboratory personnel.
About The Role
This is a key role within our organisation with scope to add value to our business and develop your career globally. Engaging with colleagues across the full spectrum of malting operations, your responsibilities will include:
- Managing customer relationships to become the supplier and partner of choice;
- Ensuring that the quality of malt received by the customer meets their expectations;
- Providing leadership, talent development and support that enables effective Quality Assurance and Quality Control capabilities;
- Coordinating with BU wide resources and enabling local coaching and direction to ensure business improvement and that regulatory, food safety and customer requirements are met through effective quality systems;
- Providing oversight that ensures the provision of cost efficient and reliable laboratory services;
- Contributing to the development and execution of Boortmalt technical and innovation strategy;
- Leading interactions between Boortmalt, growers, industry associations, barley breeders;
- Partnering with Plant Operations to provide technical processing expertise, including technical training, to guide and support Productions Managers in the manufacture of malt that meets with the customers expectation.
You are an experienced technical manager ready for a new challenge within an innovative and future focused business. Adaptable and resilient with a strong aptitude for change, along with relevant qualifications, you will bring you:
- Emotional intelligence with the ability to connect and communicate across all levels;
- Strong analytical and detail orientation;
- The ability to thrive in a multicultural and diverse organisation;
- The ability to influence without authority;
- Leadership skills and experience;
- Knowledge of laboratory operations and quality assurance systems;
- The ability to travel locally and internationally;
- Experience within the malting or brewing industries will be highly regarded.
Boortmalt is on an exciting trajectory as we strive to cement our position as the world’s leading Maltster. We are focused, passionate about our industry and strongly values driven. If you believe you have the skills we are seeking, and would like to join us on our journey, then we would love to hear from you.