BOORTMALT is the world leader malting company with 3 million tonnes production capacity. The group is present on 5 continents with 27 malting plants. Boortmalt's expertise is widely acknowledged by brewers and distillers who rely on the supply of top quality barley malt.The Boortmalt Group is a fully owned subsidiary of the agricultural and agribusiness cooperative Axereal. Our relationship with Axereal, Europe's largest grain cooperative, ensures us access to high quality barley year round.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a suitable candidate to join the Boortmalt Australia team as a Plant Electrician. Reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor, you will be based at our newly opened plant in Cavan.
As an integral member of the Maintenance team, you will be responsible for ensuring that electrical plant, machinery and infrastructure operated by Boortmalt is maintained to deliver optimal operational reliability, performance and safety. There will also be a requirement to identify and implement opportunities for continuous improvement.
As plant electrician your key responsibilities will consist of, but not limited to:
- Responsible for the repair and maintenance of all equipment and instruments associated with a food manufacturing and grain handling facility;
- Attend breakdowns when required out of hours on a rotational basis;
- Adhere to work and safety instruction and take an active role in contributing to building a safety culture;
- Adhere to processes and procedures, and directions in relation to food safety and quality management.
Profile, required qualifications and skills
- Electrical A Grade License - must meet the requirements to work as licensed electrician in South Australia
- Process Control and Instrumentation - desirable
- Knowledge of Installation and Maintenance of Electrical Equipment in Hazardous Areas – desirable
- PLC- Siemens
- Confined Space
- Forklift License
- Elevated Work Platform License
- Basic Computer Skills
- Problem solving and analytical skills
- Safety conscious
- Familiarity with the requirements of working on a food production environment would also be well regarded.
We offer an attractive salary and benefits package and as part of a global organisation can offer career opportunities internationally. As Masters of Malt we want to be a great employer, focusing on flexibility, inclusion, collaboration and health and wellbeing. We live our values, putting people at the heart of what we do.
If this sounds like an environment you would thrive in , then we would love to hear from you.