BOORTMALT is the world leader malting company with 3 million tonnes production capacity. The group is present on 5 continents with 27 malting plants. Boortmalt's expertise is widely acknowledged by brewers and distillers who rely on the supply of top quality barley malt.The Boortmalt Group is a fully owned subsidiary of the agricultural and agribusiness cooperative Axereal. Our relationship with Axereal, Europe's largest grain cooperative, ensures us access to high quality barley year round.
BOORTMALT is a multinational organisation owned by the French cooperative AXEREAL. With over 27 production facilities worldwide, Boortmalt is the largest malting producer in the world. Our growing, global organisation is focused on producing an extensive range of high-quality malt types to meet the exacting requirements of our brewing and distilling customers around the world. Our mission is to be the best innovative malt supplier, producing quality malts in benchmark maltings.
We are delighted to announce the reopening of our facility in Tamworth, and are now seeking bright and enthusiastic individuals to join our thriving, future focused business.
We have a career opportunity for a suitably qualified individual ready to step into a Plant Manager role, to lead the team onsite. Reporting to the Regional Operations Manager, this role will see you responsible for the safe and efficient operation of the plant and the leadership of plant bases personnel. You will be accountable for production, packing & delivery of malt in accordance with customer specifications in a safe, environmentally responsible and sustainable manner as well as:
- Managing and overseeing safety for the plant, working to achieve a zero-harm work environment;
- Leading and developing the team including meeting and communicating regularly with all plant employees;
- Optimising plant capability and efficiency and utilizing knowledge of batch production processes and lean manufacturing;
- Overseeing Food Safety & Quality Management and contributing to the development of a food safety culture;
- Preparing and controlling the Plant budget;
- Maintaining strong professional relationships with domestic customers;
- Administrative and Management reporting.
Positive and motivated, you will possess strong computer literacy and an interest in automation. You will also bring with you:
- Tertiary qualifications in a science or engineering related discipline;
- Leadership experience within a manufacturing or Agri business environment;
- An understanding of production techniques;
- A sound understanding of ISO 2200, HACCP, OH&S & environmental systems;
- Operational budget development and management;
- Strong communication, problem solving and analytical skills;
- An understanding of malt and the malting process, or food sector experience.
Boortmalt is on an exciting trajectory as we strive to cement our position as the world’s leading Maltster. If you would like to join us on our journey and have a passion for beer and for brewing, then we would love to hear from you.