Playing a role in the agricultural and nutrition transition
Axereal is a leading agricultural and food processing cooperative group. We operate in France and around the world, originating grain andspecialising in its processing for the brewing, milling and livestock industries. Axereal originates and processes 4.5 million tonnes of grain each year. With 11,000 cooperative members and close to 4,000 employees, it generates turnover of around €3 billion annually.
Our mission: to develop the agricultural production of members in our areas by creating sustainable, competitive channels and adding value throughout the entire agri-food chain, from the farm to the consumer.
Our aim: to help bring high-quality food to the market by playing a major role in the agricultural transition.
We operate our grain business in the heart of one of Europe’s major cereal-growing regions. This territory covers 16 départements from the fertile plains of Beauce to the Perche region in the west and the Berry-Nivernais-Touraine area in the south.
Stable, balanced governance
The Group is made up of various governance bodies with specific, complementary roles. The Board of Directors, the Executive Committee and the Regional Councils work hand in hand. Empathy, dialogue and trust are their watchwords, informing how they construct a shared strategy.
BOARD OF DIRECTORS - 25 members
- The decision-making body of the cooperative and its subsidiaries
- Drives and endorses strategy
- Monitors projects
BUREAU -11 members
- Elected from the ranks of the Board of Directors
- Prepares the briefs to be presented to the Board
REGIONAL COUNCILS - 241 Regional Councillors
- 6 Regional Councils composed of members elected at sectional meetings for a 3-year term of office
- Consultative role, submitting proposals
- Responsible for monitoring the world of farming within its territory
EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE - 7 members
- Defines and implements strategy